ATHLETE OF THE MONTH
As we prepare to close out 2020, we take a look back at our year and can’t help but smile as we think about all of the amazing people we are surrounded by each and every day. Choosing an athlete of the month is not easy because there are so many of you who show up no matter what, wearing a smile, ready to take on whatever is on the docket for the day, just like Bo Wilbanks. Rarely do you see him without a smile, and rarely do you see him not giving the workout everything he has to give. Coming from a primarily weightlifting background, the methodology our programming provides was an adjustment for Bo, but he stuck it out, put in the work, and is crushing this high-intensity work like a champ. We are so proud of all the progress he has made and can’t wait to see what 2021 brings him.
Please read below to learn more about Bo.
What is your occupation? Programmer – IBM
When did you join Eximo? Hmmm, back in July 2018.
Why did you decide to try Eximo? My wife wanted me to try it out so that we could workout together.
What changes have you seen since joining Eximo? I’ve lost about 10 lbs. I know I’m much fitter, which is a good thing when you’re an old man ;-).
What other types of sports or activities do you like to do outside of the gym? Past and/or present. Not much beside Eximo presently, but in the past, there was: Baseball, Powerlifting, Bodybuilding, Volleyball, Karate and Jujitsu.
What is your favorite movement? Probably bench press and back squat.
What is your least favorite movement? Ah, an easy one: Burpees
What has been your most memorable experience at Eximo? I think that would be the 2019 Open. It was really a lot of fun.
What is your favorite cheat meal? Mexican food.
Who or what inspires you? The Games athletes are really incredible. There are folks in our gym that are awesome too, like Ty, Adam, Cody, the Moores, Erica, Onnie, and Jacobi, just to name a few.
What is something people would be surprised to know about you?I’m a motocross fanatic. I raced for about four years when I was a teenager. I don’t ride much anymore but watch the telecast of Supercross and the US and European outdoor seasons every year, even though it drives my wife nuts.
What is one goal you would like to accomplish through Eximo? I’d just like to continue to get fitter and be able to do some of the stuff I see others do (e.g., consistent double unders, muscle ups, snatch with good form). I know that’s more than one, but I just couldn’t stop.
- December 24, Christmas Eve – 9:00 am and 10:00 am only – Prepare to show your Christmas spirit with your favorite seasonal jammies or ugly Christmas sweater with festive leggings. Let’s just say you can’t wear too much Christmas!
- December 25– CLOSED
- December 26– CLOSED
- December 31– 9:00 am and 10:00 am only
- January 1– 9:00 am and 10:00 am only
- Kids’ Class – The final class for this session will be December 23, 2020. We will break for the holidays and begin our next session on January 4, 2021. If you haven’t had your kiddos out to give this class a try, Coach Jenn would love to meet them! Bring them for class while you workout, let them socialize with the other kiddos, get a workout, and have some fun! All of this, 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), only $99 for a full 8-week session. Ages 5+ are welcome, so give your kiddos the gift of fitness this year.
- Yoga – The final class for this session will be December 6, 2020. The next session will begin in January on a date TBD and be held every Sunday for 8 weeks at 2:00 PM. The cost for this session is $89. Come relax, stretch out, increase your flexibility, and get your body ready for the upcoming week. Yamaste.
- Core Class – The next session will begin on January 6, 2021, and classes will be held every Wednesday at 8:00 PM. The cost for the entire session is only $89. Lindsey is a licensed physical therapist with a specialty in women’s post-partum strengthening/healing, although that will not be the main focus of this core class. If you can make this time work with your schedule for 8 weeks, you’ll happily reap all the benefits! Your core, especially your lower back, will thank you!
GOAL REVIEWS: New Year, New Plan
We hear it every time we flip the calendar: “New Year, New You!” We don’t think a “new you” is really necessary though. You just need a new plan. You need to sit and evaluate your progress in the last year, think about where you want to be in the next 6 weeks, 6 months, year, and set realistic goals you can check off as you work to achieve them. A goal-review session. We are here to help, so don’t feel as though you’re doomed to tackle this task solo. We all know sometimes it’s hard to be honest and realistic with ourselves, not to mention difficult to hold ourselves accountable, especially when it comes to the nitty gritty. Your coaches know you, they know what’s achievable for you, and they won’t take it easy on you when you start to “fall off” or try to make excuses. They are your biggest support system (and biggest fans!) and ready to help you every step of the way, so whether you’ve been here for 5 years or 5 days, schedule your FREE goal-review session with your favorite coach ASAP! Don’t sweat it if you’re not sure what your goals are because they are pros and will walk you through it. No excuses! Click here, find a time that works best for you, and schedule yours now. https://bit.ly/3o8SiD3
Let’s face it. The holidays take a toll on our nutrition. Between the weekly holiday parties, new Christmas cookie recipes, celebrating multiple times with all of our different family groups, the kiddos being home from school, and sometimes just being so busy we end up skipping meals, our nutrition can use a major overhaul come New Year’s Day. We want to help you get back into a normal eating routine, give you the tools you need to succeed at home, and support you as you get yourself back on track. If this sounds like something for you, contact Coach Jenn W. now for more details about our 30-Day Nutrition Challenge coming in January! The group accountability will be just what you need to drop those extra holiday pounds and start 2021 off right! BONUS: The winner of the 30-Day challenge (criteria to be disclosed at beginning of 30 days) will be awarded two months of FREE nutrition coaching!
THE GIFT OF HEALTH & FITNESS
Gift giving can be stressful, especially if you’re constantly trying to outdo yourself, year after year. Let us do the heavy lifting (pun intended) for you this holiday season. Give your loved ones the gift of health and fitness, and we’ll ensure they receive the best gift ever. Whether they are an existing member or not, we have the perfect package for them. On the flip side of that, it would also make a great gift for you. All you have to do is ask! Some options include:
- Nutrition Coaching: provides one-on-one interaction, constant accountability, Inbody scans, and much more!
- Skill Sessions: For anyone looking to improve in particular areas of their fitness. These 30-minute sessions provide private coaching in anything our athletes request, ranging from Gymnastics ( Toes to Bar, Pull Ups, etc…) to Cardio Technique/Practice (Rowing, Biking, Running, Double Unders) to Weightlifting (Cleans, Snatches, etc…)
- Personal Training Sessions: These can be 30- or 60-minute sessions and are available for all current levels of health / fitness. The coach will customize the program according to each athlete’s goals and provide check points along the way to evaluate success.