ATHLETE OF THE MONTH
What is your occupation?
When did you join Eximo?
Why did you decide to try Eximo?
After a year of not going to the gym consistently I wanted more of a community to work out with. I work with Jacobi so I figured I’d try her gym first.
What changes have you seen since joining Eximo?
My eating habits, my schedule, the amount of water I consume
What other types of sports or activities do you like to do outside of the gym? Past and/or present
Past: track, basketball, rowing
Present: biking, swimming
What is your favorite movement?
Back Squats / Box Jumps
What is your least favorite movement?
Burpees / Snatchs
What is your favorite cheat meal?
Pizza and almost any dessert
Who or what inspires you?
What is one goal you would like to accomplish through Eximo?
Being able to RX T2B
UPCOMING SEMINARS & CHALLENGES
LEARN TO MEAL PREP
Kayla with Power Fit Meals will be conducting a seminar to help us all learn tips and tricks for meal prepping. Meal prep is a great way to keep your nutrition on track, making meal choices thoughtless and effortless throughout your busy weeks. Come out to learn how to dial in your grocery lists and be as efficient as possible. There will also be options for meal purchase if the idea of prepping stresses you out! (You are not alone!)
- Saturday, March 13 @ 11:15 AM
- Free to attend
- Sign up at the gym or just let one of the coaches know and they can do it for you
- Review the 7 main types of nutrition and their importance to your daily life
- Learn more about why your bad eating habits are so hard to break by diving into the connection between emotions and food
- Learn how to change bad habits and create positive relationships between food, mind, and body
- Q & A to close
75 HARD CHALLENGE
75 Hard is NOT a fitness challenge. It is 75 days of mental toughness designed to help you take control of your life and eliminate excuses. We will have an accountability group within Eximo, because let’s face it, misery loves company! This will not be an easy challenge, but that’s even more of a reason to embrace it and go for it! You have nothing to lose but mental weakness!
- Informative seminar, Q&A @ Eximo, March 20 @ 11:15 AM
- Led by Coach Lex
- Challenge begins April 1
- Follow the link to read more about the challenge https://andyfrisella.com/pages/75hard-info
THE EXIMO OPEN
This is what we train for all year long (well, it’s one of the FUN reasons we train). The Open is a world wide event, 3 weeks, one workout per week. It’s more than just a worldwide competition though. It’s an opportunity to see what you can really do. A time to push yourself past your own limits, while in the comfort of a safe place and knowledgeable coaches. You VS You each week as you begin to dig a little deeper and reach beyond your comfort zone. We will all come together as a Fit-Fam community to do the workouts each week, cheering each other on, learning, growing, and enjoying good company. So if you need accountability to help you get into the gym on those upcoming gloomy days, let the Open be your motivation. We would love to have everyone participate, so it’s time to really get busy! If you have questions and want to know more, you can ask any coach for details. We’ll have more coming the closer we get! To read more about the CrossFit Open or to officially sign up, click the link below. You DO NOT have to sign up on the crossfit.com site to participate at Eximo. The official registration is only if you plan to enter your scores every week and see your global standings.
- Workouts begin Friday, March 11
- 3 consecutive Fridays (12th, 19th, 26th)
- First heats begin at 5:00 PM and will continue until everyone has completed their workout with a judge
- If you cannot make it in for a Friday heat, makeups with a judge will be Saturdays at 10:00 AM
- If interested in helping out by being a judge, contact Erica for more info