ATHLETE OF THE MONTH
There’s working hard, then there’s working hard at 5:00 AM, and Peter is a pro at making it look easy! We have seen him challenge and transform himself over the past few years at Eximo, and we are so proud to highlight Peter as our Athlete of the Month! Please read below to learn more about what makes Peter so awesome!
What is your occupation?
I’m a Chemist M.S., MBA by education, but I’m currently in a position with my company that focuses on ensuring that others in the company are following a company Standard and effectively managing contracts with 3rd party terminals.
When did you join Eximo?
I joined Eximo in Feb 2017
Why did you decide to try Eximo?
I have a friend that does Crossfit, he suggested I find a box and try it out. Old location was in walking distance (<0.25 mile) to my house.
What changes have you seen since joining Eximo?
Strength, definitely strength. I was never much in to weightlifting before, but since being at Eximo I have seen great improvements in my strength and my confidence in being able to lift weight.
What other types of sports or activities do you like to do outside of the gym? Past and/or present.
I was a runner and triathlete. I have completed approximately 20 marathons, and 5 Ironman races, and numerous other running and triathlons events. I also have been practicing yoga for over 20 years and teaching for 16+ years.
What is your favorite movement?
Anything lifting weight has to be my favorite. This is what usually gets me out of bed in the morning. But lifting weight at 5am can be a challenge. The WOD is just extra.
What is your least favorite movement?
Burpees and box jumps/step-ups, my left knee just doesn’t like me for days after!
What has been your most memorable experience at Eximo?
Training with others. I enjoy the camaraderie and cheering/supporting others who are achieving great things and working to improve themselves and being healthy.
What is your favorite cheat meal?
This is hard as I like lots of different foods, but for a cheat meal it might have to be a slice of Italian Cream cake.
Who or what inspires you?
I would say, seeing others accomplish their goals and ambitions, I tend to be a teacher/mentor so seeing others excel inspires me. I also have a quote on my desk from the Dalai Lama – “If you can do something about it, why worry? If you can’t do anything about it, why worry?”
What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I think most people are surprised that I have completed multiple Ironman races and that I’m a yoga teacher. I don’t fit the “young and thin” version of a yoga teacher, but I have a lot to teach and offer my students.
What is one goal you would like to accomplish through Eximo?
I have focused for several years on building strength, and less on aerobic/cardio so I think my next phase should focus on improving my endurance and cardio capability in conjunction with loosing weight but maintaining muscle mass. I’m not getting any younger so staying active and enjoying life is a must!
EASTER WEEKEND SCHEDULE
- April 3 – Saturday Morning Family WOD – 9:00 AM
- April 3 – Scan Saturday – 8:30 – 9:00 AM
- April 4 – Easter Sunday – No Yoga
- Half-priced scans, Saturday, April 3, 8:30-9:00 AM
- REAL numbers to track REAL progress
- If you have only used a generic scale to measure your body weight, you are only getting half truths. Get a look at the inside to see what’s really going on with your changes.
- Not ready to see your numbers? That’s ok! Let a coach keep track of your information until you are ready to see it. You have to get the starting numbers to really see what kind of progress you are making!
75 HARD – YES YOU CAN!
75 Hard is NOT a fitness challenge. It is 75 days of mental toughness designed to help you take control of your life and eliminate excuses. We will have an accountability group within Eximo, because let’s face it, misery loves company! This will not be an easy challenge, but that’s even more of a reason to embrace it and go for it! You have nothing to lose but mental weakness!
- Starting April 1 OR whenever YOU are ready!
- It is OK to fail! Just start again from Day 1 and learn from your mistakes.
- For any questions, contact Coach Lex
- Follow the link to learn more about 75 Hard: https://andyfrisella.com/pages/75hard-info
LEARN TOMEAL PREP
Due to unfortunate circumstances, we have had to reschedule this seminar for the third time. We know the value this information can bring into your daily life and are determined to make it happen, so here’s to the third attempt being the charm!
Kayla with Power Fit Meals will be conducting a seminar to help us all learn tips and tricks for meal prepping. Meal prep is a great way to keep your nutrition on track, making meal choices thoughtless and effortless throughout your busy weeks. Come out to learn how to dial in your grocery lists and be as efficient as possible. There will also be options for meal purchase if the idea of prepping stresses you out! (You are not alone!)
- Saturday, April 24 @ 11:15 AM
- Free to attend
- Sign up at the gym or just let one of the coaches know and they can do it for you
- Review the 7 main types of nutrition and their importance to your daily life
- Learn more about why your bad eating habits are so hard to break by diving into the connection between emotions and food
- Learn how to change bad habits and create positive relationships between food, mind, and body
- Q & A to close
KIDS’ CLASS – NEW SESSION
- New session and new days!
- April 27 – June 14
- Tuesday and Thursday, 4:30 – 5:15
- Led by Coach Jenn W
- $89 for 8 weeks
- Click the link to register now: https://eximocrossfit.sites.zenplanner.com/registration.cfm?payment=MEMBERSHIP&MembershipTemplateId=3E121363-B552-4DBE-A294-CE1FE7630885&personId=ADC98796-EAF6-4F56-83F5-FD9070809CDC
BOOTCAMP AT EXIMO WITH AMY JO
Did you know Eximo offers 2 different styles of bootcamp, Monday – Friday? Read below to learn more about each one:
Tabata BootcampTM is a workout unlike anything you’ve done before. Based on the HIIT (high intensity interval training) timing referred to as “Tabata”, this workout primarily incorporates body weight exercises. It effectively helps the “unfit” as well as the “fit” improve their muscular and cardiovascular strength, endurance, balance, flexibility, and over-all fitness level, as well as improve muscle tone/definition and increase weight loss. Other “toys” (dumbbells, sandbags, kettlebells, etc.) are utilized as well during the workouts, but the main focus is body weight. The class is set up to allow the beginner AND the seasoned athlete to workout together as modifications are provided with each exercise series. While doing the foundational moves, participants will work “Hard” for 40 seconds, followed by a 20 second rest, then “Harder” for 30 seconds resting for 15 seconds, ending the series with “Hardest” for 20 seconds and a 10 second rest before the next series begins. Each workout is considered a “Total Body” workout, incorporating a “true” Tabata (which we refer to as a “Max”) that follows the protocol of performing an exercise that taxes most muscles groups for eight rounds of 20 seconds with a 10 second rest between each round. Also incorporated within the workout is the “cousin” to the Max, referred to as the “Mix”. The timing is the same as the “Max”, but utilizes 2-4 exercises. Tabata BootcampTM is challenging and rewarding for all fitness levels as well as a proven program providing real results.
Barre Above® is a totally unique approach to barre workouts as you’ve seen them. Fusing the best of pilates, yoga, aerobics, and elements of the strengthening exercises dancers do, Barre Above® delivers a results-driven workout that is not only fun and dynamic, but it will sculpt your body and get you into absolutely amazing shape.
When taking a Barre Above® workout:
- You’ll see improvements in your posture, flexibility, overall body strength, and balance.
- You’ll obtain a body awareness that you may not have had before.
- You’ll transform your body and feel more confident in your fitness.
- You’ll establish friendships and new connections among your fellow participants.
For more information, contact Coach Erica or Coach Amy Jo.