ATHLETE OF THE MONTH
What is your occupation? United States Coast Guard
When did you join Eximo? January 2021
Why did you decide to try Eximo? Long story short, I was/am an aspiring powerlifter but knew my cardio was subpar; plus I was getting ready to start my journey through 75Hard and knew I’d need a supportive community.
What changes have you seen since joining Eximo? My cardiovascular capacity has drastically improved, the desire to improve beyond just being strong, overall more ‘fit’ and a large change in proportion of body fat mass to muscle mass.
What other types of sports or activities do you like to do outside of the gym? Past and/or present. Mostly just working out to be honest, aside from that I play some sort of sports at work every few days or so.
What is your favorite movement? Snatches or deadlifts . Way too hard to decide.
What is your least favorite movement? Without a doubt it is burpees
What has been your most memorable experience at Eximo? It would have to be between when I finally learned how to do a kipping pull up and string more than 1 or 2 together, and when we had Friday Night Lights for the open workouts.
What is your favorite cheat meal? A hangover style burger
Who or what inspires you? My daughters and wife, but also the coaches and other members of the gym.
What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I have never broken any bones
What is one goal you would like to accomplish through Eximo? I would like to be competitive outside of the gym
PARTNER CHALLENGE IN JUNE
Find your partner and get ready to row! The rules are simple:
- All of your rowing must done at Eximo, even if you have a rower at home. You may row before or after class, as long as you aren’t interfering with the needs of the current class. You may also come back later to row if you attend an earlier class and don’t have time.
- Partners may be male/male, female/female, or male/female, but your partner has to be an active Eximo member. Everyone is in the same category regardless of gender.
- Your partner DOES NOT have to be present when you row.
- Even if you missed the WOD that day, you may still come in to get your rowing done.
- There’s no set distance, but we are rowing for METERS, not calories. You and your partner will accumulate as many meters as possible for the entire month of June.
- Distances will be tracked on the whiteboard. Be sure to update yours after each row.
- June 1 – June 30
- If you are doing yoga on Sundays, then you may take advantage and contribute to your row totals. You may NOT come up on Sundays just to row.
- Winning partners will each receive an Eximo swag bag, a FREE Inbody scan, and FREE Fit Aid!
IMPORTANT GYM DATES
- Half-priced scans, Saturday, June 5, 8:30-9:00 AM
- REAL numbers to track REAL progress
- If you have only used a generic scale to measure your body weight, you are only getting half truths. Get a look at the inside to see what’s really going on with your changes.
- Not ready to see your numbers? That’s ok! Let a coach keep track of your information until you are ready to see it. You have to get the starting numbers to really see what kind of progress you are making!
- Current session ends June 14
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30 – 5:15
- Next session starts June 21, classes for this session will be at NOON
- Contact Coach Jenn West for more information
- Sundays at 4:00 PM
- Current session runs until July 11
- No class on June 20 in observance of Father’s Day
- Led by Peter E.
- Contact Peter or Coach Erica for more information
WOD WITH DAD
He’s your hero. The greatest man you’ve ever known. Your first true love. He’s dad. Whether he’s biologically connected or raised you as his own, there is no love like the love of a dad. We want to come together to celebrate all of the amazing dads in our lives and make sure they know how much we appreciate them! We invite all dads to join us for a chance to truly bond with your loved ones at our Father’s Day WOD on Saturday, June 19 at 9:00 AM. If you can’t bring your own dad, then bring your kiddos (no matter their age!) to workout with their awesome dad! Everything can be scaled as needed.
HERO WOD FRIDAYS
Every Friday for the month of June, we will do a different Hero WOD to honor those who have served, those who are currently serving, and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. Wear your RED to Remember Everyone Deployed. Below are the Hero WODs in order. Click each link to read more about the specific soldier we will honor that day.
- June 4 – “Omar” https://wodwell.com/wod/omar/
- June 11 – “Badger” https://wodwell.com/wod/badger/
- June 18 – “Tommy Mac” https://wodwell.com/wod/tommy-mac/
- June 25 – “Luke” https://wodwell.com/wod/luke/
- July 2 – “Tommy V” https://wodwell.com/wod/tommy-v/
COMMUNITY WOD SATURDAYS
- FREE Community WOD Saturdays, 9:00 AM class only
- June, July, & August
- Invite your spouse, neighbor, coworker, friend, kids’ teachers, etc…
- No CrossFit experience needed
- Coaches will guide class through every step, from warm up until the last person is finished. Nothing is left to interpretation. Movement and safety standards are thoroughly discussed and demonstrated, and the coach will check for full understanding before advancing to the next step.
- Safety is our #1 priority as we work to help others discover what they’re truly capable of achieving.
- For more information or to reserve a spot for your guest, contact Coach Erica.
FIT FAM HIGHLIGHT
Good luck this month to one of our Fit Fam members, Chuck K, as he prepares to compete in an Olympic Triathlon. We know you will do awesome! (See details below)
- June 27 in Pflugerville, TX
- Olympic Tri includes: 1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run