ATHLETE OF THE MONTH
What is your occupation? Operations Supervisor with Valero Texas City Refinery
When did you join Eximo? Intro class was on May 17, 2021
Why did you decide to try Eximo? I knew I needed to make some major changes in my lifestyle, so I started looking for a gym. Eximo was close to home, and Crossfit sounded like what I needed to lose weight and get healthier.
What changes have you seen since joining Eximo? My body seems to change daily. I have lost 30lbs so far, about 17lbs of that was diet and light cardio before joining Eximo. Now I don’t really care what the scale says because I’m seeing the changes, regardless of weight. Started at 277lbs and saw 247lbs Friday morning before Tommy Mac.
What other types of sports or activities do you like to do outside of the gym? Past and/or present. Fishing or just spending time on the boat with my wife and kids. Watching my son play soccer and my daughter play volleyball.
What is your favorite movement? This is a tough one. I don’t have one that I just get really excited about doing. LOL. I guess, even though I hate them, it would be Burpees. They pretty much kick my butt and I feel them for a few days so I know I’m gaining something. Of course, that goes for most movements we do.
What is your least favorite movement? Overhead squats. My body is struggling to get this down. I think my core strength has a lot to do with it and, of course, mobility like Paul W. said.
What has been your most memorable experience at Eximo? Finishing Badger. At the time that may have been the hardest workout I’d ever done and it felt great to complete.
What is your favorite cheat meal? 16oz med-rare ribeye with loaded baked potato and a Michelob Ultra.
Who or what inspires you? Every athlete and coach in this gym has been inspiring. Watching Ty do pull-ups and rope climbs is inspiring. Watching Onnie work through her ankle pain and push on is inspiring. I’ve been in awe more than once seeing what these athletes are capable of.
What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I actually have a very short temper and struggle with controlling this every day. But, I’ve managed it very well for the past 15 or so years.
What is one goal you would like to accomplish through Eximo? My primary goal for all of this is to be healthy and fit enough to keep up with my 7 and 11 year old kids. I’m 43 and I don’t want to be the Dad that can only watch from the sidelines because I’m not healthy enough to get out there and help out.
JULY SNEAK PEEK
NEW TEEN CLASS
- 8-week session begins August 4
- Wednesdays & Fridays at 6:45 PM
- $125 for full 8 weeks
- Led by Coach Ty
- If your teen is currently holding an active membership, they may continue using that for the teen class. This will allow them to still attend regular classes on other days.
INCREASED CLASS SIZES
We are so excited for the opportunity to serve MORE of our Fit Fam! We know some class times are busier than others, and we don’t anyone missing out for any reason. NO EXCUSES! Log in to Zen Planner to reserve your spot in class TODAY!
EXIMO SUMMER BINGO
- Grab a card from the gym.
- Tape it on the wall or keep it in your gym bag. DON’T LOSE IT!
- For each task you complete in a square, you color in that square.
- The goal is to get as many BINGOs as possible.
- Every BINGO acquired will be one entry into our grand-prize drawing!
- The more BINGOs you get, the more chances to win!
- July 1 – July 31
HOLIDAY WEEKEND SCHEDULE
- Half-priced scans, Saturday, July 3, 8:30-9:00 AM
- REAL numbers to track REAL progress
- If you have only used a generic scale to measure your body weight, you are only getting half truths. Get a look at the inside to see what’s really going on with your changes.
- Not ready to see your numbers? That’s ok! Let a coach keep track of your information until you are ready to see it. You have to get the starting numbers to really see what kind of progress you are making!
FREE COMMUNITY WOD SATURDAYS
- FREE Community WOD Saturdays, 9:00 AM class only
- June, July, & August
- Invite your spouse, neighbor, coworker, friend, kids’ teachers, etc…
- No CrossFit experience needed
- Coaches will guide class through every step, from warm up until the last person is finished. Nothing is left to interpretation. Movement and safety standards are thoroughly discussed and demonstrated, and the coach will check for full understanding before advancing to the next step.
- Safety is our #1 priority as we work to help others discover what they’re truly capable of achieving.
- For more information or to reserve a spot for your guest, contact Coach Erica.
MISSED CLASS MAKE-UPS
- Summer schedules can be hectic, but don’t let it control your health.
- Any missed classes can be made up on Saturdays at 10:00 AM.
- Coaches will be available to assist, but they will not be leading you.
- 10:00 AM class is for EXISTING MEMBERS ONLY. Drop ins should make plans to attend the 9:00 AM class so we can ensure a coach is available to assist and guide them safely.